Lines and shapes co-mingle into an image that goes beyond the subject
Environment portraits of trees
The texture, color and sound of the ocean
abstract impressions of the sky and clouds
For the imagination. Getting beyond the subject matter.
I see chaos all around and it is both beautiful and full of energy
An Epiphany can be described as a brief view into something that is greater than usual reality. These images were the result of painstaking trial and error. The camera is purposely moved during a longer exposure, while focus and zoom are randomly adjusted. 99% of the exposures are throwaway, the remaining 1% have that certain "something" that make them standout - the epiphany of the creative process.
Impressionistic/abstract views of the rural countryside of Eastern Washington State.
Roses, as a study of individuality. Each flaunts its own personality. Each shines forth in its own inner and outer beauty.
The more graceful side of an otherwise sharp and prickly plant. Subjects shot in soft, even light with minimal depth of field using a tilt-shift lens with extension tube.
I find trees are beautiful in all seasons. Even in winter, stripped bare, the flow and form of their branches evoke a simple and somber kind of grace.
Black and White 2
Second in a series of classic black and white images from the Western US. Images taken with 4x5 view camera, 35mm film and full frame digital cameras.
A contemplative visit the the ocean
Black and White 1
Part I of a series of classic black and white landscapes from the American West.
An abstract study of grasses from my garden.
Abstract studies of canyon walls in the desert southwest, emphasizing texture, color and line.
A study of the reflective qualities of water with emphasis on line, texture and color.
Dissolving grasses into a simplistic and zen form
The essence of form and function, a celebration of the art of leaves.
Sparkles of light through grasses that line the shore. An abstract study of geometry and light.
Sea and Sky
Color studies from the Oregon coast
Black and White renditions of desert plants